My Tangy German Potato Salad
I really like this creamier version of the German potato salad and I like it warm or cold. Keeps well and is better the next day. This is an altered version of the traditional German potato salad.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 12 red potatoes, each cut into 6 pieces
- ½ cup chopped bacon ends, visible fat trimmed
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pierced easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Stir white vinegar, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper together in the same skillet; bring to a boil and remove from heat to cool completely. Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise into cooled vinegar mixture until dressing is thick and creamy.
- Mix potatoes, dressing, onion, parsley, and chives together in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Stir bacon into potato salad just before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
My Tangy German Potato Salad: https://trib.al/4WCdXf3