Buffalo Chicken Bread Boat
This ultimate game day appetizer was made for you!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large loaf french bread
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat parsley
- Combine 1½ cup Frank’s RedHot, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix.
- Pour over chicken breasts and marinate at least 6 hours.
- Set grill to medium-high. In a skillet, add olive oil and sliced onions.
- Sauté onions and red and green peppers until cooked (about 10 minutes). Remove from grill and cover.
- Grill chicken breasts 6-8 minutes per side, until cooked (165°). Chop chicken and add 1 tablespoon of Frank’s RedHot and sautéed onion, peppers, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, 1 tablespoon of Frank’s RedHot and chopped parsley.
- Cut open the top of the bread, being careful not to cut all the way through. Carefully remove inner part of the loaf and some of the top.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the bread, add ½ cup of Frank’s RedHot, and top with “lid.” Brush with butter sauce and wrap well in heavy duty foil.
- Place back on grill over medium heat and allow to heat through until cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from foil. Slice, serve, and enjoy!