Let's be real, everyone loves Velveeta. The only way to make it better is by adding sausage and beer.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ lb. hot Italian sausage
- ½ c. beer (such as pale ale)
- 16 oz. Velveeta, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 c. shredded pepper jack
- ½ (10-oz.) can Rotel tomatoes
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Sliced jalapeño, for serving
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium or large cast-iron skillet over a campfire, cook sausage, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until golden and no longer pink, 5 minutes. Pour over beer and deglaze skillet.
- Reduce 3 minutes, then add Velveeta, pepper jack, and Rotel and stir until melty and combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and jalapeño before serving with tortilla chips.