Rainbow Chard Rolls
Colorful rainbow chard is stuffed with chicken, peanuts and green onions, mixed with a tangy peanut butter sauce.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 bunches rainbow chard, tough ends cut off and discarded
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro and mint leaves, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
Quick pickled carrots:
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long matchsticks
- Prepare carrots. Add vinegar, sugar and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add carrots to a heat-proof bowl, and pour vinegar mixture over top. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove large thick stalks at end of chard leaves. Blanch chard leaves in batches in boiling water for 10-15 seconds until just pliable. Remove from water and cool to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce and honey in a medium bowl. Season with a pinch of salt. Fold in shredded chicken, peanuts, green onions and cilantro, and mix until combined.
- Lay out a chard leaf on a clean work surface. Layer a second leaf to cover any holes. Add chicken mixture, quick pickled carrots, then avocado and herbs. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll up like a burrito. Slice in half on the bias to serve.