Christmas Egg In A Hole
Perfect for Christmas morning.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 6 Sliced bread
- 6 eggs
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Butter, for pan
- Use festive cookie cutters to stamp out shapes. Reserve cutout pieces to toast later!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, parsley and chives. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add as many bread slices that will fit and cook until the bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low then flip bread slices. Pour egg mixture into each cutout shape. Cover skillet and cook until the egg is set, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat, adding more butter as necessary, with remaining ingredients.
- Toast reserved cutout pieces and serve warm.
Watch the recipe video here:
Our Christmas Egg-In-A-Hole is the most festive way to wake up Christmas morning.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/iwd0e2s
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, December 20, 2017