Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 12 Mins Cook Time: 23 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
These Breakfast Egg Muffins come together quickly and are a great make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. They are hearty and loaded with fluffy eggs, potato, spinach, melted cheese and crisp bites of bacon.
- Preheat Oven to 375˚F. Oil a 12-count non-stick muffin tin, or preferably line with silicone muffin liners.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and sauté 6 oz bacon until browned (6-8 min). Transfer to a plate. Discard excess oil keeping 2-3 Tbsp in the pan. In the same pan, sauté finely chopped onion until softened (2 min).
- Meanwhile grate potato on the large holes of a box grater. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as you can from potatoes then pat dry with paper towels. Once onions are softened, add grated potato to the skillet with onions. Sauté stirring a few times until potatoes are golden and nearly cooked through (7 mins). Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 8 eggs, 1/2 cup half and half and 2 tsp Tabasco sauce. Stir in sautéed potatoes, chopped spinach and 1 cup cheese.
- Distribute mixture evenly among a 12 count muffin tin. Sprinkle tops with bacon then top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375˚F for 22-23 min or until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean. Cool a few minutes in the pan then serve.
Watch the recipe video here: