Stuffed Pickle Egg Rolls
Crab salad meets crab rangoon in these stuffed fried pickles.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 (6 ounce) can fancy crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 8 whole dill pickles, halved lengthwise
- 8 egg roll wrappersvegetable oil for frying
- Combine crabmeat, cream cheese, celery, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and seafood seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir until evenly combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds from each pickle half to create 16 boats. Spoon a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into one pickle boat and top with the the other half of the pickle to seal. Repeat with remaining pickles and cream cheese mixture.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in diamond shape with one corner facing you. Top with a stuffed pickle. Fold up bottom half of wrapper and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll and seal with a couple drops of water. Repeat with remaining wrappers and pickles.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place 4 egg rolls in the hot oil and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove egg rolls using tongs and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.