BA's Best Breakfast Sandwich
It’s amazing how malleable eggs are, and this method yields an especially fluffy result. This is part of BA's Best, a collection of our essential recipes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Unsalted butter
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1 BA Breakfast Sausage patty
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce and honey (for serving; optional)
- Generously butter each half of English muffin on both sides. Heat a large griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium.
- Toast muffin on griddle, cut side down, pressing slightly until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and toast on other side, pressing slightly until golden brown on other side, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook BA Breakfast Sausage patty on griddle until browned on 1 side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and top with American cheese; cook until sausage is cooked through and cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat; keep muffin and sausage on warm griddle while you make the eggs.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small nonstick skillet (6" is ideal) over medium. Add eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a heatproof rubber spatula, cook, lifting edges and tilting skillet to let uncooked egg run underneath, until mostly set but still slightly runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- Top with chives and fold eggs over to make a half moon; fold in half again.
- To serve, top bottom half of English muffin with egg, then sausage. Drizzle with hot sauce and honey, if desired. Close sandwich and stuff your face, cutlery not encouraged.
Watch the recipe video here:
Every breakfast sandwich wants to be this breakfast sandwich.GET THE RECIPE: http://bonap.it/WuDkxHw
Posted by Bon Appétit Magazine on Wednesday, July 3, 2019