Bacon Wrapped Pizza Stuffed Chicken
These bacon wrapped bundles of joy are beautiful to behold. Staggeringly simple but utterly delicious, the flavours of pizza in a well seasoned chicken roll - what more could you want?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 packet pizza pepperoni
- 1 packet sliced mozzarella
- Roughly 2 packs streaky bacon, stretched out with the blade of a knife
- Place each chicken breast between clingfilm and bash them with a rolling pin to flatten them out, then season with salt, pepper and dried oregano.
- Spread each breast with pizza sauce and top with pepperoni and mozzarella, then roll up the breast and place on another sheet of clingfilm.
- Holding the edges roll it all up into a tight bundle then leave all four to chill in the fridge.
- Take one of the chicken parcels and place half the bacon out in a cross shape. Place the chicken parcel in the middle and fold over the sides to form a neat package.
- Bake at 180°C for around 50 minutes until cooked though. Serve with chips and salad.