Bacon Stuffed French Toast Hearts
Don't go bacon our hearts! Make these bacon stuffed heart french toasts for somebody special. Who doesn't love french toast and bacon topped with maple syrup? They're super fun and perfect for breakfast in bed.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 12 pieces soft white bread
- 24 sliced bacon, cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Maple syrup
- Cut out heart shapes from the centre of each piece of bread. Lay four half pieces of bacon in the centre of the heart.
- Top with another heart and using your fingers press tightly around the edge to seal the bread together. Repeat with remaining bacon and bread.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together. Dunk stuffed hearts into the mix and coat well.
- Add butter and oil to a heated pan and when melted, add your soaked bread. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Toss in cinnamon sugar while still hot and serve with maple syrup.