Avocado Mac & Cheese
Avocados make everything better.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted, plus more for garnish
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ c. shredded white Cheddar
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- ⅔ lb. Fusilli pasta, boiled
- Place avocados in a medium bowl and add lemon juice to prevent browning. Mash until smooth.
- In a large pot or saucepan, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add mashed avocado and cheeses to pot. Whisk until smooth. Add pasta and stir until fully coated in cheese sauce. Season again with salt and pepper if needed. Top with chopped avocado and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
How To Make Avocado Mac & Cheese
FREAKING OUT over how creamy this mac & cheese is. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/ccUSCDR
Posted by Delish on Monday, February 5, 2018