Shrimp Francese recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1¼ pounds extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pure olive oil, for frying
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Two 5-ounce packages baby spinach
- Butterfly the shrimp: Make a deep cut along the outer curved edge, then spread open like a book. Pat dry.
- Whisk the eggs with 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon parsley in a bowl. Heat about ⅛ inch olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put the flour in a shallow bowl. Working in batches, dredge the shrimp in the flour, dip in the egg mixture and add to the skillet cut-side down; fry, turning, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour out any oil from the skillet and wipe clean. Add the broth, wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced, 4 minutes. Push the tomatoes to one side; whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time. Stir in the shrimp and the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce the plastic; microwave until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Divide the spinach and shrimp mixture among plates and top with the sauce.