Ultimate Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars
The fudging ultimate Oreo brownie dessert!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 75g plain flour
- 75g cocoa
- 300g castor sugar
- 300g butter
- 300g chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 2 pkts Oreos
- 700ml thickened/whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200gm good quality dark chocolate
- 25g butter
- 25g brown sugar
- 125ml cream
- Add all the ingredients into a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, mixing each time until smooth. Any left-over sauce can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- Add cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste into a large mixing bowl and whip to stiff peaks using a hand mixer.
- Transfer cream mixture to a deep baking dish. Freeze for at least 2-3 hrs.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 175C (340F). Spray a 10 by 7 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter and chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time and repeat until it becomes smooth.
- Add flour, eggs, sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix on low speed using the paddle attachment or a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Slowly add chocolate and butter mixture while mixing on low speed.
- Add a thin layer of batter to baking tin lined with baking paper and then add a layer of oreos. Then add the rest of the brownie batter and add a final layer of oreos on top. Bake for 30 min or until a pick comes out with moist crumbs.
- To assemble cut the brownies into 8 pieces. Scoop some vanilla bean ice cream and place on top of each piece. Drizzle with fudge sauce before serving.