Cheesecake-Stuffed Churro Sandwiches
These cheesecake sandwiches are churrific!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
For the churros:
- 2 cups water
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar, for dusting
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup ground graham crackers
For the filling:
- 2 cups cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Make the churros:
- In a small saucepan, combine water, butter, brown sugar and salt and bring to a simmer until butter is melted. Turn off heat and pour into a stand mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then add flour. Mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir. Transfer to a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Pipe spiral churros about 2½ inches in diameter, approximately 12 round churros. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly crispy. Once slightly cooled, toss churros in cinnamon sugar and set aside.
Make the filling:
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk, lemon and vanilla. Mix until combined. Set bowl in the freezer and allow to chill and set.
Assemble the churros:
- Place cheesecake filling in a piping bag, and pipe approximately ½ cup of filling between two churros. Dip sides of filling in graham crackers or strawberries and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
Life is what you bake it, so bake Cheesecake Churro Sandwiches.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2traI7y
Posted by Tastemade on Saturday, June 23, 2018