Tiramisu Swiss Roll
Tiramisu Swiss Roll recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 large eggs
- 16 oz vanilla cake mix (455 g), 1 box
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese (455 g), whipped
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 ladyfingers
- ½ cup espresso (120 mL), chilled
- ½ cup chocolate shaving (85 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla cake mix, vegetable oil, and water. Beat with an electric hand mixer to combine.
- Pour the cake batter onto the prepared baking sheet and spread with a spatula into an even layer.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sift the cocoa powder through a fine-mesh sieve all over a clean kitchen towel.
- Flip the cake onto the cocoa powder-dusted towel and remove the parchment paper. Starting with a short end, roll up the cake with the towel.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream and espresso powder with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the mascarpone, sugar, and vanilla to the espresso cream and beat until smooth.
- Unroll the cake and spread with the espresso cream in an even layer, leaving 1½ inches (4 cm) from the top empty and reserving 1 cup (225 g) of espresso cream for decoration.
- Arrange the ladyfingers on the cake horizontally, 2 inches (5 cm) from the bottom. Brush the ladyfingers with the chilled espresso.
- Roll the cake back up, using the towel as a guide but not rolling it inside the cake.
- Refrigerate for another hour, then unwrap the cake.
- Transfer the remaining espresso cream to a piping bag.
- Pipe 6 espresso cream dollops on top of the tiramisu roll. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
- Slice and serve.