Tuscan Butter Shrimp
The insanely easy dinner that you NEED in your life.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 c. baby spinach
- ½ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan
- ¼ c. basil, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add shrimp and sear until underside is golden, about 2 minutes, then flip until opaque. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream, parmesan and basil and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until shrimp is heated through, garnish with more herbs and squeeze lemon on top before serving.