Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry
This Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry is 10x better than your usual takeout order 🔥
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Man dish
- One 1½-pound piece bottom round steak
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces green beans, cut in half across
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces snow peas, cut in half lengthwise
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- 2 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cut the beef into 1-by-2-by-1/4-inch strips. Put in a bowl and coat with the brown sugar, lime zest, 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce and some black pepper. Set aside for a few minutes while you make the sauce.
- Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, rice vinegar, lime juice and remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce in a bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the beef and stir-fry until brown around the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the garlic, ginger and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds. Add the green beans, carrots and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas. Add the beef with its juices and the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Serve over rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.