Instant Pot Churro Bites
Skip the oil and make these two-bite pressure cooker churros in just 30 minutes.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 7 oz white or yellow cake mix (about half a box), prepared according to package directions
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Coat the inside of 2 silicone egg bite molds with non-stick spray. (We love this one: https://amzn.to/2Q2dnyq)
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to the prepared cake mix. Stir to combine.
- Gently spoon the cake batter into the prepared molds until they are ¾ full.
- Tap the mold on the counter to settle batter and remove any bubbles, then cover with foil, sealing edges.
- Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot, followed by the steam rack.
- Carefully lower the egg molds onto the steam rack, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the mold from the pot. Place on a cooling rack and allow to set for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon. While still warm, roll each cake bite in sugar-cinnamon mix.
Watch the recipe video here:
Skip the oil and make these two-bite pressure cooker churros in just 30 minutes.RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-churro-bites/