Ice Cream Lasagna
Ice Cream Lasagna is a thing you NEED in your life.🍦😋
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Lasagna
- 1 vanilla pound cake or loaf cake
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- Strawberry Sauce, recipe follows
- 2½ cups chocolate rice puff cereal
- ½ cup grated white chocolate
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered if they are large)
- Slice the cake from end to end (not side to side) into 8 long slices (about ¼ inch thick).
- Put 4 slices of the loaf cake on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spread half of the ice cream on top of the cake to form a smooth layer. Spread half of the Strawberry Sauce over the ice cream layer. Sprinkle the chocolate cereal over the sauce layer. Put the remaining pound cake slices over the cereal. Spread the remaining ice cream on top of the cake layer to form a smooth layer. Spread the remaining sauce over the ice cream layer. Sprinkling with the grated white chocolate. Cover with foil and freeze until the ice cream has hardened, 6 hours up to overnight.
- In a medium pot, combine the strawberry preserves and lemon juice and gently mix. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, add half of the strawberries and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool until warm. Add the remaining strawberries and gently fold to coat.
Watch the recipe video here:
Ice Cream Lasagna is a thing you NEED in your life.🍦😋#TheKitchen > Today @ 11a|10c
Posted by Food Network on Saturday, July 14, 2018