Loaded Fried Mashed Potatoes
Step up those leftover spuds.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2½ c. Mashed potatoes
- ½ c. shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 tbsp. sliced chives, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp. Hot sauce
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- All-purpose flour (optional)
- 1 container sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough oil to fill the pan a third of the way up.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, chives, hot sauce, salt, and egg. Form into half-dollar-sized dough balls, and drop by the spoonful into the warmed skillet. [Note: If your mashed potatoes are a little runny, add flour one tablespoon at a time until you can form dough balls.]
- Fry the mashed potatoes a few at a time (without crowding the pan), cooking each side until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Top potatoes with sour cream and additional chives before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
Fried Mashed Potatoes are the ULTIMATE game-changer.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/2oi5YgM
Posted by Delish on Tuesday, November 21, 2017