A go-to appetizer for parties, this spinach and artichoke dip has all the creamy-inside, brown-and-crispy-on-top texture and cheesy taste that makes dips like this appealing, but with less calories and fat.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8-ounce) block
- ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (about 1½ cups)
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about ¼ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well-blended. Add 4 ounces (1 cup) mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; stir well. Spoon mixture into a broiler-safe 1½-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Preheat broiler to high (leave dish in oven). Broil dip for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.