This is, quite frankly, the most Twisted creation ever to come out of Twisted HQ. It's a glorious, melting tower of beef with a base of fries. Imagine bringing this to the table with loads of buns and ketchup and getting all your friends and family to slice bits of burger into a lovely bun. They would be very impressed, and you would be very proud. It's also incredibly easy.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4lb/1800g beef mince
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 large onion
- Lots of sliced American cheese
- Burger buns
- Using your hands (give them a good wash please) mix together the beef mince with the salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Weigh the burgers into 150g/5oz patties and press them into a large cookie cutter (this helps keep them the same size).
- Make sure your stick is very sharp and stick it into the round side of half an onion. Rest this in the middle of a cookie cutter for added support and begin threading on the burgers and the sliced cheese alternately onto the stick. Make sure they are central or it'll fall over.
- Finish with the other half of an onion.
- Bake for an hour at 200°C/400°F (increase or decrease cook time according to preference).
- Slice & serve with buns and sauces.