Pulled Pork-Stuffed Cornbread Muffins
Pulled Pork-Stuffed Cornbread Muffins recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ¾ cup milk (180 mL)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, melted (115 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (150 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 6 tablespoons pulled pork
- 6 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- barbecue sauce, for serving
- coleslaw, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, honey, and eggs until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease a 6-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray. Using an ice cream scoop or measuring cup, spoon about ¼ cup (70 g) of batter into each cup.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pulled pork in the center of the batter.
- Top the pork with another ¼ cup (70 g) of batter to cover, using a spoon to spread the batter over the pork if necessary.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and top with barbecue sauce and coleslaw.