Baked Chicken Parmesan
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 4 (about 8 oz each) chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- ¾ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1½ tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.