- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 oz (85 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, from can
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (125 g) pancake mix
- 7 canned pineapple slice
- 7 maraschino cherries
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar, packed
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to mix the sugar and cream cheese until well-combined. Whisk in the eggs until there are no lumps remaining.
- Stir in the pineapple juice, melted butter, and pancake mix until the batter is thick and smooth.
- Make the caramel sauce: in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar. Stir rapidly for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat once mixture starts to boil and thicken.
- Pour the caramel sauce into the bottom of a 1-liter rice cooker bowl insert.
- Place one pineapple slice in the middle of the rice cooker bowl, then arrange the other slices in a ring around it. Place one maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple slices and shake to smooth out the top of the batter.
- Cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove the bowl insert from the rice cooker and invert the cake onto a plate.
- Slice and serve, topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Watch the recipe video here:
You can make this pineapple upside-down cake in a rice cooker 😱 🍍!FULL RECIPE: tasty.co/recipe/rice-cooker-upside-down-pineapple-cakeCheck out our BRAND NEW kitchenware line right here: http://bit.ly/2INqIrk – We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Friday, March 23, 2018