Polish Noodles (Cottage Cheese and Noodles)
This simple recipe came from the Polish side of my family. We simply called it 'cottage cheese and noodles' or 'lazy man pierogies.' It's a great comfort food and can be made with any kind of noodle. It could be a side dish, but we always enjoyed it as a meal.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in melted butter until softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Stir butter and onion mixture, cottage cheese, sour cream, sea salt, and black pepper into the noodles. Place the pot over medium heat; cook and stir until heated through and warm, 5 to 8 minutes.