Ultimate Tomahawk Steak
Whether you're sharing it with a loved one or serving it up to your family, this steak is destined to impress. Be sure to call your butcher ahead of time to reserve a tomahawk.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 (3½-lb.) tomahawk rib-eye steak
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 2½ teaspoons black pepper
- Let steak stand at room temperature 30 minutes to an hour before cooking. Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly coat grill grates with oil or grilling spray.
- Place steak on hot grates, and grill, undisturbed, until it releases easily from the grates, about 4 minutes. Flip, and repeat on the other side. Continue grilling, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion of steak registers 125°F, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 15 minutes. Run a knife along the inside edge of the bone to remove the steak from bone in 1 piece; slice against the grain.