Chocolate-Caramel Revel Bars
These indulgent bars are where ooey-gooey meets chewy--with the tastiest results! Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix (with oats added for a perfectly chewy texture) gets dolloped with fudgy chocolate and caramel, and baked into a classic bar that no one will be able to resist.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup Kraft™ caramel bits
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup canned sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in oats and caramel bits until blended. Remove ¾ cup of the cookie dough; set aside. Press remaining dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and condensed milk over low heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Spread mixture on top of cookie base. Break remaining cookie dough into small pieces, and sprinkle over top.
- Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2½ hours.
- Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.