PICADILLO (INSTANT POT)
Picadillo is a Cuban recipe I grew up eating and is always on rotation in my house because it’s the most requested dish by my kids and it’s so easy to make.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1-1/2 lb 93% lean ground beef
- ½ large chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to mato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 4 oz ½ can tomato sauce (I like Goya)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp alcaparrado, capers or green olives would work too
- Press saute button, when hot brown meat and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces until no longer pink.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato, salt, pepper and cilantro and stir 1 minute, add alcaparrado or olives and about 2 tbsp of the brine (the juice from the olives, this adds great flavor) cumin, and bay leaf. Add tomato sauce and 3 tablespoons of water and mix well. Cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes. Natural or quick release and enjoy!