Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Pie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Pie recipe.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 oz marshmallow (200 g)
- ⅔ cup peanut butter, divided (160 g)
- 8 cups popcorn, popped (80 g)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups dark chocolate chip (350 g)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (350 g)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (360 mL)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the marshmallows and stir until starting to melt. Add ⅓ cup (80 g) of peanut butter and stir until completely melted. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the popcorn to the pot and stir to coat completely. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan with nonstick spray. Press the popcorn mixture into the pan using the bottom of a measuring cup, creating an even layer along the bottom and halfway up the sides. Set aside.
- Add the dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips to a medium bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, about 2 minutes total. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then add 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the popcorn crust. Spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ⅓ cup (80 g) peanut butter, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and the milk, stirring until smooth. Transfer to a small piping bag or zip-top bag.
- Pipe lines across the surface of the pie. Drag a toothpick through, perpendicular to the lines, alternating directions from top to bottom.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Release the springform, then slice and serve.