Galaxy Cake Pops
These pops will blow your friends away.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- ⅓ cup vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup white chocolate, melted
- ½ cup water, divided
- 1 7-gram packet of gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ounces condensed milk
- ¾ cup white chocolate
- Blue food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare the yellow cake batter according to package instructions and pour into greased pan.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, crumble the cake. Add vanilla frosting to give some moisture to the cake. If it is too dry, add more frosting.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, portion the cake and shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining cake.
- Dip a popsicle stick tip into the melted white chocolate and insert into the cake balls. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the ¼ cup water and gelatin and let bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ¼ cup water, sugar, and condensed milk, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the white chocolate to a bowl. Pour the condensed milk mixture through a sieve into the bowl of chocolate and let it sit for 2 minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Using a immersion blender, blend the chocolate until smooth. Transfer the mixture into a deep container such as a mug.
- Squeeze dark blue, purple, and green food coloring into the mug or bowl without stirring.
- Dip the frozen cake pop into the chocolate and twist as you pull up creating a marbled pattern.
- Stick in a piece of styrofoam and dry the pop completely. Repeat with remaining cake pops.