Crustless Apple Pies
Here's the trick you need to try with apples A.S.A.P.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 large baking apples, halved vertically and cored
- 12 tbsp. butter, melted
- ⅓ c. sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅔ c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Warm caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place each apple half flat side down and use a paring knife to create thin slices all the way across, making sure to stop slicing right before the bottom of the apple (so it stays together as one piece). Transfer apple halves to prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly brush apple tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until apples are soft and caramelized, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. In a small bowl, combine remaining melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Once cool enough to handle, spoon mixture inside apple slits.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Top each with a scoop of ice cream, then drizzle with caramel and serve.