PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
It doesn't get much better than a low-carb, Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed in a Portobello Mushroom! Steak and mushrooms work so well together, so why not make stuff them with this cheesy deliciousness!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 6 ounces thin sliced sirloin steaks
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced green pepper
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz shredded mild provolone cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, with no cracks
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Gently remove the stems, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with ⅛ tsp salt and fresh pepper.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on high, let the pan get very hot then add the steak and cook on high heat about 1 to 1½ minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice thin, set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, spray with more oil and saute onions and peppers 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer to the mushroom caps, about ½ cup each.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are LOW-CARB, cheesy and delish! 7 Smart Points • 256 caloriesPrint recipe: https://www.skinnytaste.com/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms/