Instant Pot Hasselback Spiral Potatoes
Magical hasselback-style potatoes in only 20 minutes!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cup water
- 4 small (4 oz) russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp finely minced parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Insert a 6” skewer lengthwise through the center of each potato.
- Starting at one end, cut the potato crosswise in a ¼″ spiral pattern.
- Very gently spread the potatoes on the skewer so that each layer is slightly separated from its neighbors. Work carefully so as not to tear the layers.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the steam rack.
- Carefully arrange the skewers with one end in the middle of the steam rack, and the other end leaning on the side of the pot. Do not exceed the max line marked on the pot.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the melted butter with the parsley and garlic salt.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure. Carefully remove the potatoes from the pot to a serving plate.
- Slide the skewer out of each potato and carefully press on an angle to separate the layers.
- Brush with garlic butter and serve hot.