Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Donuts
Way too often, sweet treats are all about the kids. We think it’s time the grownups had a turn. This over-eighteen twist on a classic filled donut is as naughty as it is nice. Trust us - once you've taken a bite of pillow-soft pastry, stuffed with a Baileys chocolate cream, you’ll never want to go back to jelly.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 310ml milk, heated until warm
- 125g granulated sugar
- 12g yeast
- 4 egg yolks
- 115g butter, melted and cooled
- 10g vanilla
- 500g plain flour
- 2g salt
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 225g heavy cream
- 100ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 50g icing sugar
- Granulated sugar to coat
Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce:
- 225g caramel sauce
- 50ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- Pinch of Salt
- Add milk, sugar, and yeast into a large bowl; let stand until frothy.
- Beat in egg yolks, butter, vanilla, and remaining sugar. Using a wooden spoon, beat in flour and salt, scraping down the side of bowl occasionally and adding about ½ cup more flour if necessary to make a soft sticky dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured work surface; roll out to ½-inch thickness. Using lightly floured 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Transfer to lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat enough oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan; heat until 170ºC. Fry doughnuts, 3 at a time and turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate to cool and drain.
- When slightly cooled, toss donuts in granulated sugar.
- Meanwhile, beat together all the filling ingredients in a bowl for 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
- Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Heat all ingredients over low heat until combined. Serve warm with donuts.
- When donuts are cooled, poke a hole in the side with the pastry bag and fill with the filling.
- Dip into caramel sauce or pour over top and enjoy!