No Bake Galaxy Marshmallow Cheesecake
Ever looked up at the night sky and thought "I could eat that"?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 400g graham crackers
- 150g unsalted butters, melted
- 300g marshmallows
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 250ml thickened/whipping cream, warm
- 3 tbsp powdered gelatin + 3 tbsp water
- 5 drops purple food gel
- 3 drops pink food gel
- 3 drops blue food gel
- Silver star sprinkles
- To prepare crust add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you reach fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse 3-4 times to coat crumbs with butter.
- Pour mixture into a 20cm (8”) tart tin. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture out across the bottom and sides of the tart tin. Chill for 30 min.
- Begin by adding the marshmallows and melted butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Next, add the gelatine and water to a small mixing bowl and mix to combine. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the cream cheese to the marshmallow mixture and use a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to mix until smooth.
- Add the warm cream and melted gelatin mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add ⅓ of the mixture to a mixing bowl, add purple food gel and mix until well combined. Colour ⅓ of the mixture blue. Split the remaining mixture into two mixing bowls, colour one pink and leave the other white.
- Pour half the purple cheesecake mixture into the chill tart crust. Add half the blue and then add the remaining purple and blue in the tart tin. Use a spoon to drizzle some pink cheesecake on top. Use a skewer or the end of a spoon to swirl the pink. Add some small dots of the plain cheesecake mixture to create stars and then sprinkle some more starts on top before chilling for 2 hours.
- Slice with a knife to serve.