Mozzarella-Stuffed Fried Manicotti
How do you improve mozzarella sticks? By stuffing mozzarella cheese inside manicotti and frying them to a golden brown.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 12 manicotti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 48 mini mozzarella balls
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 6 cups oil, for frying
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Stuff each manicotti with 4 mini mozzarella balls.
- In a medium shallow bowl, beat 2 eggs. In a large shallow bowl, place breadcrumbs. Dredge stuffed pasta in egg, breadcrumbs, then egg again, and more breadcrumbs to form a thick crust.
- Fry manicotti in batches for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve hot with marinara sauce.