Mac ‘N’ Cheeseballs
These man 'n' cheeseballs will be all the talk of your next party ?
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 12 oz cheese puff (340 g)
- ¼ cup butter (60 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese, 1 block (225 g)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked (455 g)
- 1 ½ cups flour (190 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- Crush cheese puffs into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add milk, cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta, stirring to ensure thorough coverage of the noodles.
- Cover and refrigerate the cheese-coated pasta for at least 2 hours, allowing for it to cool completely and for the cheese sauce to bind the pasta together. This recipe also works well with leftover mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Using your hands, take the chilled mac ‘n’ cheese and form it into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) balls.
- Dredge the balls in flour, followed by egg before finally coating them in the powdered cheese puffs.
- Heat the oil to 350˚F (180˚C) and fry the mac ‘n’ cheese balls until the outside is crispy, about 2 minutes. Once done frying, transfer to a wire rack to drain. Lightly sprinkle with salt before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
These man 'n' cheeseballs will be all the talk of your next party ?FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/mac-n-cheeseballsCheck out our 19-piece kitchen gadget set right HERE: https://bzfd.it/2JHpvBW- We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, June 14, 2018