GRILLED PESTO CHICKEN COUSCOUS BOWLS
Juicy grilled chicken, zucchini and tomatoes topped with a light spinach-arugula basil pesto served over couscous.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 cup original Earthly Grains Couscous
- 1⅓ cups boiling water
- Kosher salt and Stonemill Ground Black Pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, diagonally sliced ¼ inch thick
- 6 medium Campari tomatoes, halved
- Carlini Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 4 boneless Never Any! Fresh Organic Chicken Breasts, 6 ounces each
- Spinach Arugula Pesto
- ½ cup fresh packed basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh packed SimplyNature Organic Baby Spinach & Arugula Mix
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup grated Priano Parmesan
- Stonemill Salt
- Stonemill Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons SimplyNature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To make the pesto: In a food processor, pulse basil, spinach and arugula mix, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Place couscous in a medium, heat-proof bowl. Add boiling water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the pesto. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
- Spritz with oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Spritz the zucchini and tomato all over with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook zucchini, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until tender. Transfer to a baking sheet. Cover to keep warm.
- Add tomato to the grill. Cook, turning, for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
- Cook the chicken 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Slice.
- Divide couscous between 4 plates, ¾ cup each.
- Top with vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with remaining pesto. Serve.