- 4 lb chicken wing and drumette
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups chipotle peppers in adobo
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- Pat dry chicken and place in a large mixing bowl or plastic bag. Toss with cornstarch, garlic powder, and one teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a cookie sheet or wire rack and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- In a food processor or blender, combine chipotles, lime juice, honey, and the remaining salt. Puree until smooth. Set aside until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill wings until just starting to brown on the underside, about 5 minutes, then flip and repeat.
- Using a basting brush, coat the top side of the wings with chipotle puree. Flip and cook until exterior just starts to char. Baste the other side, flip and repeat.
- Remove wings from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your preferred garnish and dipping sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
These grilled honey chipotle wings are gonna have you licking your fingers 😳!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/grilled-honey-chipotle-wingsShop our FAVORITE food processor here: http://bit.ly/2yCmyQX(Just so you know, we'll make some money if you use this link.)
Posted by Tasty on Monday, October 23, 2017