Instant Pot Chicken with Jalapeno-Bacon Mustard
This just may be the chicken recipe you can never stop eating!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup spicy brown mustard
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 7 strips of bacon, chopped
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine Sauce Mixture ingredients. Use ⅓ of the sauce to coat the chicken thighs. Set aside.
- Add bacon, onion and jalapeno to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Cook and stir until the bacon gets crispy, then use a slotted spoon to remove bacon, onions and jalapenos to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving drippings.
- Add broth to the pot and deglaze by using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Put the chicken into the pot in an even layer.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a serving plate.
- Add ¼ cup of the cooking juices and half the cooked bacon to the reserved mustard sauce.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce and remaining bacon.
Watch the recipe video here:
This just may be the chicken recipe you can never stop eating!RECIPE: http://chopsecrets.com/instant-pot-chicken-with-jalapeno-bacon-mustard/