Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dippers
JALAPEÑO POPPER CHICKEN DIPPERS
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 450g cream cheese, softened in microwave
- 3 jalapeños, finely diced
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips and fried
- Sea salt
- 200g cheddar, finely grated
- 100g mozzarella, finely grated
- 3 chicken breasts, shredded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 litres groundnut oil
- Mix the cream cheese, jalapenos, cooked bacon, sea salt, cheddar, mozzarella and chicken breasts together. Season to taste.
- Smooth into a 20cm square clingfilm lined tin. Set in the freezer until solid but not quite frozen - roughly 2 hours.
- Cut into squares.
- Place the flour, eggs and panko in separate bowls.
- Dip each of the squares in the flour and shake off the excess, then dip in the egg and finally in the panko to give them an even coating.
- Heat the oil to 170°C/340°F and fry them in batches of 3.
- Dip in BBQ sauce.