Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Homemade pesto with basil from my garden makes a scrumptious addition to shrimp. Serve these for dinner or make them at your next BBQ!
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine raw shrimp with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step). Thread shrimp onto 7 skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-low heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook until shrimp turns pink on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.