Instant Pot Quick Salt and Pepper Polenta
This versatile side dish goes great with all kinds of meats and sauces.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup polenta (not quick-cooking)
- 4 cups water, warmed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 oz good quality pecorino cheese (or parmesan), finely grated
- Additional grated pecorino, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to finish
- Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Add polenta, warmed water, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, then whisk again.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- buttons and program the Instant Pot for 0 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Whisk the polenta until well-combined and creamy.
- Add butter and stir to combine. Add pecorino a little at a time, whisking until melted. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve–a wide, shallow bowl is traditional–topped with additional pecorino, salt and a generous grind of pepper.