Instant Pot Perfect Chicken Queso Soup
This may be the soup you’ll never want to stop eating.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1¼ cups fresh salsa
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground chipotle powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup cotija (or queso fresco), crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, optional
- Add Pot Mixture ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to combine, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the pot to a cutting board and shred, then return to the pot.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then select SAUTE.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and mostly incorporated.
- Stir in the Monterey jack cheese. Serve warm topped with cotija and chopped cilantro.