Instant Pot Mini Mushroom Quiche
Delicate mushrooms are a perfect accompaniment to the bold flavor of the asiago.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 oz asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 oz mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped
- 3 tbsp spinach leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- Additional asiago cheese for garnish (optional)
- Coat the inside of a silicone mold (we love these: https://amzn.to/2Q2dnyq) with nonstick spray.
- Firmly press the asiago cheese into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the silicone mold. Top with diced mushrooms, chives, and spinach.
- Combine the eggs, cream, garlic salt and salt in a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly. Pour into molds. Molds should not be more than ¾ full.
- Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot and insert the trivet. Carefully lower the mold on to the trivet. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the mold and turn out onto a plate while still warm. Immediately flip each mini quiche so that the mushrooms are on top and press down lightly with fingers to flatten the bottom of each quiche.
- Garnish with additional asiago cheese if desired. Serve warm.