Instant Pot Maple Candied Pecans
Beware, they’ll disappear in a flash!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ¼ tsp maple extract (optional, but amazing!)
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 20 oz)
- ⅓ cup water
Sugar Finish Mixture (optional)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine Syrup Mixture ingredients in the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function and adjust to MORE or HIGH.
- Add pecans and cook and stir constantly for 5 minutes, or until pecans are tender.
- Add water to the pot and stir to combine.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 8 minutes.
- When the time is up, quick-release the pressure, then stir to combine.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove pecans to parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, then stir. Bake an additional 5 minutes, watching carefully for signs of burning.
- (Optional) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then mix Sugar Mixture ingredients in a gallon bag and add pecans, shaking to coat.
- Spread pecans evenly on parchment and allow to cool before packaging.