Greek Orzo Salad
A delicious, colorful salad, with artichoke hearts and feta. I receive a lot of requests for this one.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1½ cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 (6 ounce) cans marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- In large bowl combine pasta, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and lemon pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, drizzle reserved artichoke marinade over salad.