Instant Pot Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie
This recipe is pure kitchen magic!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably 93% lean
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Additional shredded cheddar for garnish (optional)
- Add ground beef and onion to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select the SAUTE function.
- Brown the meat until no pink remains. Drain and discard liquids.
- Spread beef in the bottom of an IP-friendly casserole dish (we love this one: https://amzn.to/2OXT8Bw), sprinkle with salt, then layer spinach (if using) and shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking mix, milk and eggs to form a thin batter. Pour evenly over the meat and cheese. Cover loosely with foil–do not seal.
- Rinse out the pot, then pour in one cup of water and insert the steam rack. Carefully lower the casserole on to the steam rack.
- Turn the pot off by selecting CANCEL, then secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- (Optional) Sprinkle additional shredded cheddar and set under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow the casserole to set up for 5-10 minutes for easier serving.