Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes
This recipe gives you both a velvety inside and a wonderfully browned exterior.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- ½ cup water
- 1½ lbs gold or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp of canola oil (or other high-heat oil)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup snipped chives and/or Italian parsley (optional)
- Pour ½ cup water in the Instant Pot. Place potatoes in a steamer basket and carefully lower it into the pot.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
- Using the display panel select the MANUAL function*. Use the +/- keys and program the Instant Pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry. Rinse and dry the pot liner and return to Instant Pot.
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot. Using the display panel select CANCEL to turn the pot off, then choose the SAUTE function and adjust to the high setting.
- When oil gets hot, brown the potatoes until golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Do not crowd the pot–you may have to work in batches. Generously salt and pepper the potatoes while they cook.
- When all potatoes are browned, return them to the still-hot pot, sprinkle with herbs and squeeze lemon over the top. Cook, tossing, for 1 minute and serve immediately.